Search

Friday, August 14, 2009

Bitter Sweet

During the Arizona Cardinals Pittsburgh Steelers preseason game an announcement took place; something that got me thinking and mixed my emotions. Michael Vick is back in the NFL having signed a two year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles. My mixed emotions come from my happiness and excitement that Vick is back in the league. He is one player who I have always loved to watch dating back to his days at Virginia Tech. The only issue I have is why the Eagles as a diehard Cowboys fan I can't stand the thought that he will be lacing up against them twice a year. During the Monday Night Countdown special it was reported that the Cowboys could surprise people and try to acquire Vick. I realize that weeks ago Jerry Jones ruled out the intent to sign Vick but looking at Jones' history he has always rolled the dice (e.g. Tank Johnson, T.O. and Adam Jones). I believe that signing Vick would have been good for the 'Boys especially looking at how they did once Romo got hurt last year. I had dreams of lining Vick in the wildcat formation with Felix Jones I can't think of a better tandem in the wildcat then that. Both are playmakers who can juke you in the open field and then turn on the after burners and outrun you to the end zone. As much as I want Vick to play well and get his life back on a positive track it pains me accept the fact that he's going to a division rival. I know once Goddell fully reinstates him (which I hope is before week 6) I will follow his progress and be delighted to see if he can regain an ounce of his former talent.



Bookmark & Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment